Saturday, November 8, 2008

The plane ride

Back-tracking a bit here... Here are pictures from the plane ride. It was 13 hours long... and pretty much felt 13 hours long. Our layover was in Chicago. We went from Cleveland (CLE), to Chicago (ORD) to Tokyo (NRT).



This was the plane... A 777-200. It was huge. This is a description of the plane... We had seats near the very back. (For you LOST fans, that would have made us tailies.) Look at those first class seats. They lay flat into beds. That's downright excessive. Wonder how much they cost.


Narita (NRT - Tokyo's airport) is a hub for a lot of asian flights, apparently. Many people were flying to Hong Kong from Narita, which is another 3 short hours away.



This is Ryan tinkering with the entertainment system. There was a choice of several movies, which you could watch anytime, or you could listen to music.

I watched The Dark Knight and did not like it. Heath Ledger was great, I admit, but the movie was too long and I lost interest at a few points. And that low, raspy voice of Batman's was completely unncessary. OK, movie rant is over.





On the monitor, you could always look at the flight's progress. This was about 2 hours or so into the flight - we're flying over Canada.




Here we are flying over Alaska. You can't see it, but I'm giving Sarah Palin the finger.

And, jumping ahead several hours, here were are at Narita Airport.




I don't know why I'm making this face, but here I am with my new awesome yen.


We had a wonderful day yesterday with our new friend, Masako... I will make a post about our day with her tomorrow. We had a fantastic time and she was so sweet. <3

No comments: